2.14.2011

Valentine's Day: A Day of Chocolate... I Mean, Love

Valentine's Day: A special day of the year to tell your loved-ones how much they mean to you.

Also, a wonderful excuse to devour a box of chocolates. And I found the best box in town.
Behold: Glacier Confection.

If you're not careful, you might miss this small artisan chocolate shop located in Downtown Tulsa's Brady District. Its storefront is hardly representative of the beauty and perfection of each confection inside.
The moment I walked into this shop, a huge smile was plastered across my face. I was like, well, a woman in a chocolate shop! Except these didn't look like any chocolates I have seen before. These looked more like beautiful gemstones. 
With flavor combinations such as peach champagne, peanut butter and jelly and banana caramel I was more than intrigued. But I would have bought a box of these chocolates upon looks alone.
Each chocolate had a unique, detailed design and an unbelievable sheen. It was like looking at a case of  precious stones that had been polished to perfection.

Needless to say, I bought a box. Yes, it was a mere three days before Valentine's Day. And yes, my boyfriend was with me. But I couldn't help myself.
Forget Godiva- this is something special! Most treats are handcrafted in the back of the store and this box was just under $15.

Now to the good part- eating them!

I am not typically one to eat more than a single truffle at a time- but for breakfast I had a cinnamon roll and banana caramel truffle. Hey, at least they were breakfast-related!
These truffles had a perfect, thin, crispy chocolate shell covering each delicious flavor concoction. They were simply out of this world.

Glacier Confection even lets you order online and have them shipped to your home or you can pick them up in the store. Get to shopping! You need to try these!

Aside from their brilliant chocolate creations, Glacier Confection also gives back to U.S. Troops and their families. Pretty awesome, right?

Once you try a Glacier chocolate (or heck, even look at one), you will be surprised to learn that the mastermind behind them didn't start out in the food industry. Check out this article in the Tulsa World to read more about it. 

I let you know how the rest of my box goes down... I'm sure it wont take long!



Glacier Confection on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment