Yes, you heard me right. No, I am not crazy.
Last year, I brought home some bacon biscuits from Dog Dish for Maggie. She was like putty in my hand. My dog that usually ran in the opposite direction when called was suddenly bounding toward me when I spoke her name.
I needed more biscuits. STAT.
I wasn't too happy with paying the price tag there so I decided to do some research. Happily, I found a super simple recipe to make them at home:
Bacon Dog Biscuits
5 c whole wheat flour
1 c milk
1 lb bacon
1 tsp garlic salt
Pinch of salt
1/2 c cold water
1. Fry bacon and crumble. Reserve bacon grease.
2. Add flour, milk, garlic salt and bacon to bowl and mix.
3. Stir in bacon grease.
4. Add cold water until dough is moist. Add more water if needed.
5. Roll dough out 1/4" thick and cut out shapes.
6. Bake on a cookie sheet 35-40 min @ 350 degrees
This recipe is very forgiving. You don't need to worry about overworking the dough because hey- it's for a dog! I didn't even need to flour my work station to roll it out.