3.18.2011

Travel Lust: Portland, Maine

Portland, Maine- the largest city in the northernmost New England state. Think lobster rolls, light houses and sea views. I hadn't really given much thought to visiting Maine until I saw photos of the state's stunning coastline and now it's a must see. I would go in the summer, of course!

Old Port is a charming warehouse district that connects to to the city's water front.
Portland Head Light, on Cape Elizabeth, is the most photographed lighthouse in North America. Can you imagine why?
Two Light state park offers stunning views of the Atlantic coastline.
I am dying to go deep sea fishing- what better place than off the coast of Maine?
And as always, I must sample the local fare... lobster roll anyone?
Have you been to Maine? Did you love it? Any suggestions?




Photos from: Sandboxworld.com, travelingboy.com, citypictures.org, maineowl.net, partyresources.blogspot.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to visit the world safest places Maine during east coast bus tours and that was incredible for me. I love to spend time n lighthouse.

Post a Comment